Notice: We will be closed from 23 January – 3 February for annual leave, reopening on 4 February 2020
During this period, we will have limited email access and no design/proofing will take place.
You can still place orders through our order forms during this time and will acknowledged their receipt. We will process these orders once reopened, delivery estimated between 14-21 February.
Samples will ordered during this time will be posted when we reopen. Thank you.
Ordering wedding invitations & stationery
We are delighted that you have chosen silk & INK designs to make your wedding stationery. The below information will guide you through how to order wedding invitations with ourselves. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch and we would be delighted to help. Suzanne can be reached on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01603 948 670.
Our current delivery time is approx 3 weeks from placing your order (varies from customer to customer, size of order, responding to proofs etc). On approval of proofs, you can expect to receive your order around 2 weeks later. Please allow 3 weeks from placing order to delivery.
We take advance bookings, to guarantee a space in our diary during our busy times (January/February & Summer months) as delivery can be a little longer at these times, so please feel free to contact us and we will pencil a space in our diary for your order.
Ready to order? Please complete the relevant order form. All our order forms can be found under the information tab at the top of the page or use the links below:
- House Collection & Bespoke Invitation Order Form
- ‘On the Day’ Stationery Order Form
- Passport Invitation Order Form
1. COMPLETE ORDER FORM & PAYMENT – Please complete with all your details applicable to you and submit. On submitting your order form, we will check it carefully to make sure we have all your information. We will confirm the order, approx delivery timescale and provide you with an invoice for your order within 1 working day (Monday if submitted at the weekend). Please note we have a strict minimum order of 20 invites.
2. PROOFS ARE COMPLETED – On receipt of full payment, a full set of proofs will be completed and emailed to you to check. Proofs take 1-3 days to create depending on design chosen, type of order. We ask you to check these carefully, and advise of any amends required via email. We will then fix any amends requested prior to completing your order. Unlimited revisions are included. A final ‘approval to print’ will be required by email. Your order is then sent to print and no further changes can be made. Typical delivery time is 2 weeks from proof approval.
3. ORDER COMPLETED & SHIPPED – Once your order is completed, it will be shipped to the address stated during ordering. Orders are shipped either by Royal Mail or DPD Local depending on weight. We are happy to ship to a different address to your home address i.e. work address if required. We offer delivery Monday to Friday, with a one hour delivery window sent to you the morning of delivery. DPD Local deliveries are fully tracked and you can manage the process online including changing delivery day, address etc.
Please ensure you have ordered enough invites. While we are able to arrange a reprint after your main batch, there is a minimum order of 10 invites plus a £10 fee to complete the reprint. Sending very small orders to print is very expensive, so please ensure you have allowed 5-10% of your total order as additional/spare invites. We suggest writing out your guest list before you start the order process to save any unnecessary expense.
‘on the day’ stationery
If you would like us to make any stationery you would like to use on your wedding day, we recommend that you order this around 4-8 weeks before your wedding day. By this time, you should have your final numbers and can can give us accurate information. We will work with you through this last part, as experience tells us, there can be lots of last minute little changes!
We also take advance bookings for reception stationery – just let us know when we finish your invites and we will pencil you a space in our diary.